Monday, March 17, 2014

My Mini is Home!

My MINI is back! Baby sister is home for her spring break! I am selfishly excited to have another friend home with me! We did an at home workout together last night before snuggling up to watch a movie. Circuits and weights followed up by some abs. She's such a trooper!

Over the past few weeks I have been weight lifting more and more. Here are some of my observations over the past couple of weeks:

Weight lifting makes you really hungry. Like eat a whole bag of marshmallows kind of hungry! Who knew there were so many flavors of marshmallows?
Protein helps decreasing soreness. So as a veg, peanut butter is my best friend. Even better than before. They make peanut butter with white chocolate in it. It's heavenly and sinful at the same time. YUM! You can never have too much peanut butter!
I have been eating bigger breakfasts now because I am waking up hungrier. I've been picking up lots of fruit and making eggs to go along with my morning coffee and toast. What a cute surprise to wake up to! My food was sending me some love this morning!
 Squats are a beast. Anytime after I squat I am seriously so hungry. Like two dinners a night kind of hungry. I actually have been having a lot of fun putting together different workouts and planning different lifts. My workouts go by a lot more quickly than running on the treadmill honestly. I am not spending my time watching the clock, unless I'm doing wall sits, then I am.
Some nights you just need to pamper yourself a little bit! Friday night after Claire got home and we had dinner, we used a mint face mask! Such a weird tingling feeling before it dries!
Arizona Ice Tea is perfect for days that feel like spring! I can't wait for the weather to be summer. Outdoor workouts are some of my favorite workouts! Thinking spring!

But when Wisconsin's brutal winter lashes out again, Colombian coffee from Caribou and a piece of sea salted dark chocolate can make any day feel a little warmer. They're also perfect to calm nerves before an interview! Fingers crossed that more good news is coming my way :)!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment